Thursday, March 24, 2011

Because I Am Me

You see my broken heart
You want to try and heal it
You want to see me smile
You want to see my tears stop
You see me for me

I may not be all that pretty
I may not be all that skinny
I may not be all that girly
I may not be all that tall
But I am me

So please forgive me for my dorkyness
So please forgive me for my assholeness
So please forgive me for my cockyness
So please forgive me for my sarcasm
Because I am me

I want to dream my dreams
Even though I know they will never come true
I want to know my thoughts
Even though they are sometimes crazy
I want to feel your love
Even though I don’t think I will ever totally have it
That is because I am me

Someday I will find the truth
Someday I will have that wisdom
Someday maybe you will be mine
Someday will be someday
Until that day I will be me

No comments:

Post a Comment